Monday 14 November 2016

The lazy Sunday brunch time in Bangalore!

The vibe and the pulse of the city of Bangalore are absolutely spellbinding. With great weather and fresh breeze, every day so far looks like a vacation. I recently shifted to Bangalore and it is often a task to find good delectable food around in this city, primarily because I don’t many places nor people around.

I have a list of the best restaurants in Bangalore, but there is altogether a different joy in finding out hidden gems.


As a journalist, I have this nose for everything new. To discover, to explore and to survive is what I mostly do for a living and I love it. I haven’t been one of those sorts who would crib and complain (too much modesty) and develop notions about it.

Often, people come asking me for suggestions – where to go out, what to eat, where can we find particular xyz thing etc, and I would just simply give them out my honest review. Even if the experience has been unsavory, I just talk about the good things! And more often than not, that has reflected upon on my articles and my editor has often complained about the same!

Not trying to make this article about me, but here goes an experience worth telling.

On my hunt to find a good Breakfast place in Bangalore, I stumbled upon this beautiful quaint café in Indira Nagar area- Smoke House Deli. Subtle and just about amazing décor, this place exuded a charm unrivalled. Pretty likeable place to sit in and hints of English allure, it has become a must-visit place for me now.

On scouring through the menu, the breakfast options seemed very promising, and so were they!

From decadent fluffy omelets to smoked food, Smoke House Deli gave me options of a hearty meal and I could simply not contain my wide smile! Moving on, I devoured on hash brown and grilled chicken sausages for sides that went perfect my poached eggs, gold old eggs Benedict and the hollandaise sauce.

Everything that was served was in decent copious amounts culminating to full ‘yummy in my tummy’ situation. I will be trying the barbecue tenderloin strips, burgers and salads too the next time I visit this place. I have heard that they are to die for, so why not?

Full of gluttony, this food explosion at Smoke House Deli was sure a win for that Sunday and my brunch went just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment